Monday, September 21, 2015

Post Op

Well, it is done.

Surgery was put back a few hours, so I didn't actually get to the theatre until about 6pm on Thursday night. The surgeon was happy with how it went and I was home less than 24 hours after arriving at the hospital.

Post Op - I am gassy, tired and achy. No really bad pain since coming home, I have taken one soluble paracetamol the first night, and one anti-nausea, other than that not needed anything pain wise. Minimal bruising as well.

I am having daily Clexane injections by my beloved (he has gotten good at that over the years!), and wearing my stockings, walking as much as possible, and I even managed a shower at the neighbours (as I need a walk-in shower for a few weeks rather than the one in our bath).

I am slowly getting protein in, and my liquid consumption is increasing daily - still not at the 2 litres a day, but only a few days away from hitting and maintaining that goal.

Taking it easy, resting lots and will be back on my feet in no time.

Whoever said weight loss surgery is the easy way out though has obviously never HAD weight loss surgery!

5 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you are home, mending and don't forget...sip sip sip!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it went well - and omg how I hated daily Clexane injections!!!

    ReplyDelete