Based on what I am reading on the forums, my essentials for the bag will be as follows:
- My own pillow (also helps shield your belly in the car on the way home)
- Nightie/pj's - now I usually sleep nekkid, so just wearing loose yoga pants and a cami
- Dressing gown
- Slippers/slip on shoes for walking around the wards and to wear home....so realistically - I will wear thongs to the hospital and wander in those....
- Toiletries - shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush/paste, body wash
- Antibacterial wipes
- Hairbrush and bands
- Phone + Charger
- Kindle fully loaded with books
- Ipad + Charger + clamp to use it as a screen so I don't have to hold it
- A power board - as there are never enough power points
- Undies, bra and something to wear home that is loose and comfortable
- Lip balm
- All my meds (inhalers and vitamins....)
- Eye mask and ear plugs (hospitals are noisy places any time of the day and night)
That should cover it I would think.
Anything you have ever wished you had taken to hospital with you my friends? Other than someone else to get stuck with the needles of course!
PS: Still hoping my gastric sleeve plushie pillow will arrive in time!